MPI-GEN 2 LLC. Last Modified: 2018-09-24
2. Types of Data We Collect. We collect Personal Data, Anonymous Data, and De-identified data.
3. Use of Your Personal Data
- a. General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. Personal Data are never sold nor shared with 3rd parties or used for advertising purposes. Ways we use your Personal Data include, but is not limited to:
- i. facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- ii. identify you as a user in our system;
- iii. improve the quality of experience when you use our Applications;
- iv. send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- v. send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- vi. send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- vii. send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Applications and for other marketing purposes of MPI-2.
- b. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Applications. MPI-2 reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties, including but not limited to our research partners, in its sole discretion.
4. Children and Data Collection. We do not use the Applications to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at support@MPI-2.com. We will delete such information from our files and databases within a reasonable amount of time.
5. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which they were collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
6. Each Application obtains information that you provide when you download and register the Application. You may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Applications unless you register with us. When you register with us and/or use an Application, you generally provide:
- i. your name, email address, and other registration information;
- ii. your age and sex;
- iii. information you provide us when you contact us for help; and
- iv. information that is entered into our system when you use the Applications, such as your speech rate data (“User Provided Data”). We may also use the information that you provide to us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices, and marketing promotions. Important information can range from changes in our terms of service to changes that may affect your data. Users can opt-out of marketing promotions.
8. Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Applications by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that advertise their products and/or services through our Applications. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you.
- a. Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers who work on our behalf. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by MPI-2.
- c. Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), MPI-2 may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary
- i. in connection with any legal investigation;
- ii. to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on MPI-2;
- iii. to protect or defend the rights or property of MPI-2 or users of the Services; and/or
11. Third Party Data Collection
- a. Automatic Data Collection and Advertising. We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Applications are being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. These third parties may also obtain information about other applications you have downloaded to your mobile device, the mobile websites you visit, your non-precise location information (e.g., you zip code), and other non-precise location information in order to help analyze the usage and performance of the Applications. If you would like to opt-out from third party use of this type of information, you can stop all collection of information by an Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
12. Data Retention Policy; Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data. We will retain User Provided Data for as long as you use the Applications and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you would like us to delete User Provided Data, please contact us at support@MPI-2.com and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Applications to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
- a. Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- i. We will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that directly promote the use of our Applications. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Unsubscribe instructions will be included in every email.
- b. Changes to Personal Data. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us by sending an email to the email address set forth above, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives and backups. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
13. Security of Your Personal Data. MPI-2 is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we limit access to your Personal Data to employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information that we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. Therefore, while MPI-2 uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, MPI-2 cannot guarantee its absolute security.